Monday, July 8, 2013

Going all Homeopathic on her ass- Day 1

* Note:  by "Her" I am referring to my colorful array of autoimmune diseases and fibromyalgia.

If you've read any of my prior posts, you will know that I take *a lot* of medication for my conditions, including some that can cause cancer, blindness, and severe birth defects.  However, I still feel like crap pretty much every day.   I have decided to supplement my drug cocktail with well-researched homeopathic treatment plan including 1) An anti-inflammatory diet and 2)another alternative therapy.

So, while I "eagerly" (no, not really) await my first buddy treatment, I have decided to begin another homeopathic treatment, an anti-inflammatory diet.  Surprisingly, this is the harder treatment for me.  Reason being, I am addicted to donuts.  and sour patch kids.  Oh, and chips ahoy (especially the reeses kind!).  First, second and third on the list of 'most inflammation causing foods' is hydrogenated oil, sugar, and refined carbs.  DOH!!! Not cool.  The idea of the diet is basic: eat foods rich in anti-inflammatory chemicals, and you won't have to take as much medicine.  Let me note that I have no desire or intention to lose weight, in fact I could stand to gain a few pounds, and the sole purpose of this is to STOP FEELING LIKE CRAP! If you want more info, check out this article.  Actually, there is a lot of yummy stuff; tons of spices, olive oil, salmon, mangoes... not too shabby.  Being that I am certifiably insane, I have become a bit obsessed with this, and made several trips to natural food stores and online supplement shops.  My cupboard now resembles that of a sophomore Womens Studies major at Sarah Lawrence.   Anyway, what follows is what I have consumed over the course of the day.  We'll see how many days I actually last! Asterisks follow the 'super-duper anti-inflammatory' foods

1/2 cup red grapes*
1/2 cup blueberries*
1/4 cup yogurt with flax* and chia* seeds (yes, exactly like the 'chia pet')
Tea*

Olive Oil* pan-fried Cod* with ginger*, tumeric*, rice vinegar, honey, and soy sauce
steamed bell peppers and green beans
basmati rice
Spinach*
Tea*

One chocolate brownie with peanut butter.  Oops.
1/2 cup almonds

6 small beets*
1/2 cup seaweed* salad with chia* and flax*
roasted sweet potatoes* and carrots with oregano* and thyme*

I also consumed the following supplements: Vitamins C, D, and Bs, and Chinese skullcap.  (I also have grape-seed and green-tea extract coming in the mail!  In addition to kelp powder.)

It all tasted pretty good, ESPECIALLY the brownie :).  Only issue is that I haven't eaten this much fiber since I went on a crazy-vegetable diet when trying to lose weight to cram myself into an impulsively bought, incorrectly sized dress for my wedding (8 years ago).  I went out for ice cream the first night of the honeymoon and never looked back! :)  Anyway, I have a stomache-ache.

Join me next week! (or maybe 2) for an excited account of the welcoming of some new 'lil buddies into my life, and more (exciting I know) lists of what I ate!



1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks you so much for the share. Keep up the Excellent work, we look forward to reading more from you in the future!
    school app india

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :) I read all comments and look forward to hearing from you.