Wednesday, April 6, 2016

2 years since the best selling Childrens book; "Why Does Mommy Hurt?" was published!

Click HERE to go to WhyDoesMommyHurt.com

Two years ago, I self-published "Why Does Mommy Hurt? Helping Children Cope with Having a Caregiver with Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, or Autoimmune Disease?"  It was a long process, taking almost a year of planning, writing, illustrations (by my father James Miller), and fundraising through Kickstarter.  On Mothers Day 2014, the book was published and became available to the world through Amazon.com.  Much to my surprise, it quickly became a best seller in its category (Chronic Pain and "Children: difficult issues," and I started receiving passionate thank you letters and emails from parents and children all over the world.

I decided to write the book for my son, Jimmy, who was 3 at the time.  After talking to a few friends who also had chronic pain, I realized that there was potential for the book to help some of the millions of families going through the extreme challenge of raising children while suffering from a chronic illness.  I had no idea the impact it would have, or the wonderful path I'd soon embark on: writing and speaking about self-advocacy, guilt and shame, and building up the parenting-with-pain community.

In the past two years, I've been contacted for interviews by dozens of newspapers, blogs, and organizations to speak about issues and concerns related to parenting with chronic illness.  I also presented at two conferences; the National Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain "TAP" conference in Washington DC, and the Hemophilia Federation of America's symposium in Las Vegas.  I've met hundreds of wonderful, strong, and dedicated families, practitioners, and non-profit organizations, and been introduced to a massive community of parents with chronic illness.

I started off on this journey in 2007, feeling very alone, struggling to get through each day.  I now am part of a wonderful community of parents, and can't wait to continue my work on writing, speaking, and working to help support families dealing with chronic illness!

Author and Illustrator, HFA Symposium Las Vegas, 2016

4 comments:

  1. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.
    my son have been a patient of fibromyalgia . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my son symptoms. One day while going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from fibromyalgia ,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for my son which i received and he used it as instructed by Dr Williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible. the chronic muscle pain and the tightness of the joint stopped, I would really recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from fibromyalgia. you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product ,his a good man and am very happy to give this testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a chance you're qualified for a complimentary $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

    Start following our signals NOW & gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear FRIENDS,
    now i have a beautiful smiling face and so are which you all, after reading my testimony. My name is Nita, I am 31 years old,
    And live with my boyfriend in Belgium, but I am UK. I have been diagnosed with Fibromalgia since 2012, which the Doctors told me this condition was forever. I know how you feel and what you are going through, I don't have a baby though. I just want to tell you that I am cured now,with the help of doctor Williams herbal medication, the last time I can remember having Fibromalgia was October this year. It was a long and difficult process but I am so thankful to dr williams I don't have it anymore. Please know you can be cured too. Accept what happened and is happening to you, forgive, let the past go, love yourself and others unconditionally and be thankful. Everything happens for a reason. If you want to be in contact with dr williams and share your own testimony and thoughts feel free to e-mail him on; drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! :) I read all comments and look forward to hearing from you.